What is the ESA appeal address?

Having your claim for Employment and Support Allowance turned down can be a difficult thing for anyone to experience. With how the benefits system in the UK currently is, it can be an unforgiving system, and one that does not allow for much wiggle room when people are turned down. However, there is the option for recourse. You can appeal a decision, and if you would like to send this by post, the ESA appeal address for your claim should be written at the top of the letter which came with the original decision. There are also generic ESA addresses to which you can also send your appeal form, but it is advisable you only use these if you are told to by a member of the ESA team, or they line up with the address on the top of your decision letter.

You can ask for ESA Mandatory Reconsideration – the official term for an Employment and Support Allowance appeal – by using a CRMR1 form, which can be found on the Government website here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF

You can find their advice on how to appeal by clicking on their PDF which documents how to appeal here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683381/how-to-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *