National Insurance change of address – how to do it

Need to inform the National Insurance team of a change of address? The process is relatively simple, but will require you to have your National Insurance Number with you when you go through the process. As with most things relating to HM Revenue & Customs these days, the quickest and easiest way to alert the National Insurance staff to a change of your address is to do so online. In fact, this is the only way that the Gov.UK website advises that you are able to make a change to your address with National Insurance.

If you are looking for the National Insurance change of address form, be aware that this is a HMRC service that will change your details for all of the following:

  • Income Tax
  • National Insurance
  • State Pension
  • tax credits and Child Benefit

In order to make these changes, you will require both of the following:

  • a Government Gateway user ID and password – if you don’t have a user ID you can create one when you update your address
  • a National Insurance number (a temporary reference number will not work)

You can change your National Insurance personal address by clicking through to the process on Gov.UK here. There is also a direct form linked to by some organisations that should also work in a National Insurance change of address if you click here.

If you would prefer to contact the National Insurance team via post, you can find out how to do so here.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *